Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Marceline Marker Comp

This is my full sized marker comp for the Marceline pamphlet.  
Over all, I think it turned out pretty well although it took much longer than I expected. Mainly because of the copy fitting. This was definitely not the original way that I had all the copy laid out. After I copy fit everything, I cut out each paragraph so that I could move them around and look at different layouts. It took a lot of rearranging to get the copy to fit. I hope that when I get to the final art production stage I will be able to adjust and tweak the copy even more because I still don't think it's as good as it could be because while working on the marker comp, my main concern was time. 
As far as my design goes, the cover consists of a photograph of Walt Disney cut out in the shape of Mickey's head which is continued on the back in a light blue so that type could be placed over it. The inside has left and right panels to seperate this information from the information in the center and the bottom panel has six disney character silhouette's. I chose to do silhouettes instead of the full figure to keep it simple and to help keep the focus on Marceline and Walt Disney. I think if the actual characters were used in full color, they would be distracting and I would automatically think of Disney World - which is not the focus of the pamphlet. 
As far all the colors, I tried to stick to blue green and red to complement the photograph on the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment