Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Marceline Thumbnails























These are the five thumbnails for the pamplet to promote Marceline, Missouri - Walt Disney's hometown. This time, the brainstorming/thumbnail process was much more difficult for me than any of the other projects we have done. Why? I don't know. I think maybe it was because I had four sides to worry about and not knowing how much space the type was going to take up was hard for me to wrap my head around. And I didn't want to take the time to copy fit it to this small scale thumbnail. I wanted to be to the full size marker comp stage so badly.
For the most part though, I like the ideas that I was able to come up with. Although most of them would need some tweaking before going on to the next stage. After talking with Albert, I decided that the two top layouts would be my best option. I definitely want to use the inside layout that uses the character's silhouettes, but maybe try and squeeze in a picture or two and maybe even the color green to go better with the outside design that I think I'm going to do.
As for the outside, I think I might go with the top one on the left with the large mickey mouse head. I feel like the idea is more original than the one below it because the one below it is just a large picture of Walt with large type - which could look really good, but not as unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment