Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sexy Cola Can

For this project we had to do a highly realistic illustration of a soda can, xacto knife, #2 pencil or a cell phone - a glamour shot. It should look like a photograph. I chose to do a Coca-Cola can using gouache. First I painted the can red, with all the shadows then I went back in with a wet brush and removed some paint for the highlights. I did the lettering by first taking away the red paint and then putting to coats of white paint (with dry brush) on top. I am very happy with the way the lettering looks. As for the refelction, I just watered down the gouache and let it do it's thing. Awesome.
I really enjoyed this project. The goal was clear and I like paying attention to tight detail like the lettering.

Next: cartoons!!! oh boy, I'm scared. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. this looks very much like photo- Looks good

    ReplyDelete