The pansys were first done in watercolor then the sharpie was added. I actually didn't use a visual reference for this one. I just wanted to see what would happen. This is pretty much what I was expecting and I'm happy with the outcome. I think sometimes I tend to over work a piece, esp if I'm using a reference. This time I had nothing to compare it to so I just kind of let the paint to its thing. Then I added just enough lines to make the blobs of color identifiable. I'm not too crazy about the background though.
The second painting of the house was done in sharpie first, then watercolor was added. I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out, but I didn't like doing it in this order as much as the other one. It wasn't as fun. When you do watercolor first all you have to do is just block in color and then add the details with the sharpie.