Monday, March 2, 2009

Midterm Portfolio - US Symbol

I chose this project for my portfolio because I feel like this was the first project in Illustrator where I really began to use the pen tool accurately as well as take advantage of using layers effectively. I used a colored image from the internet as a reference because I wanted it to be accurate and I didn't want it to look like everyone elses.
I only had to do a few touch ups before turning this project into the portfolio - mainly because I didn't know how to do it the first time around or I just didn't want to take the time to do it as more projects were consistantly coming in. I re-drew the entire leaf. It was really sloppy before and I had drawn white lines for the veins. This time I followed the outline more accurately and utilized the compound path feature for several of the viens. I also altered the strok on the head feathers. I changed the ends so that they were rounded instead of rectangular and blunt.
As far as using the layers, this was the first project where I really payed attention to naming and organizing what went on each layer. This was very helpful in the other Illustrator projects such as the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment