Monday, March 2, 2009

Midterm Portfolio - Repaired Photo


This was the photoshop project in which we took a damaged photograph and repaired it using various tools. I mainly used the clone stamp. It's harder than it looks!
I acually redid this entire project because my original picture was of my dad and I. It was really blurry and didn't scan in very well. Besides, the only damage was a small fold and 2 holes from a push pin at the very top - not very exciting or challenging. I just wish that I had had time to redo this project before it was due...
I was pretty sure I could handle all the spots in the upper right hand corner, but the folds and creases on the car and the paneled wall were a little worrisome. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to use the clone stamp to keep the panels on the wall lined up, but it was surprisingly easy. It all depends on where you put the reference point using the alt command - this took a little getting used. I was also concerned at times whether or not I was over-correcting centain areas, so I kept zooming out to make sure the photo still looked realistic.
Overall I think it turned out really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment