Monday, March 2, 2009

Midterm Portfolio - My Favorite Ride

Wow. What a project. I'm not going to lie - when I saw the example for this project I was so amazed and so baffled at how much it look like an actual photograph. I could only hope that mine would look half as good as that one.
But now that it's done (after about 30 hours of work I'd say) I think it looks pretty darn good. The wheels were definatley the most difficult. I didn't notice it til after I printed it (oh man!) but several of the tire spokes were not lined up correctly, so I had to fix those of course.
The only other thing I encounted that didn't cause problems this time, but could next time, was that my file size was ginormous! It was like 13MB. Pretty sure it was because of the opacitys that I used as well as the insane amount of gaussian blur that I used. I wasn't really aware of it at the time. oops.
So basically I learned not to change the opacity of an object unless you need to be able to see an object behind it. Otherwise just change the color to a different tint - easy enough.
Oh, and I chose this project for my portfolio because it was the coolest, of course!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment